So far, a year and a half into living in Denver, CO, Spring is by far my favorite time of year. The way the sun shines is no longer tricking me into thinking its warm, it actually is. A sweater is warranted as it can still get chilly outside, but 45 degrees at 9am is a welcomed temperature when its 70 at 11am!
At 29, taking life at a slower pace to literally stop and smell the roses has begun. I drive slower, I sit in coffee shops and write a blog, I spend an hour at the bookstore, and have less trivial conversations with my friends. What’s important are relationships, life experiences, family and transforming into an actual adult.
Spring Cleaning is not a cliché. No indeed. My list of Spring Cleaning goes like this:
- Organize my house – Out with the old! – What I don’t need in my life is old reminders of anything that brings me down. The sun is shining and shining on the new and old stuff that makes me smile.
- Bring out the Spring clothes and do some laundry.
- Be active. – This isn’t challenging because when I look outside, the fresh air beckons “Come hither”.
- Make new friends. – NOthing wrong with the old ones. In fact, I am blessed with the people who have been in and out of my life, but new people means new experiences. What better time than now.
- Lastly, continue on being a better me. This is a so broad and enormously personal, as would be everyone’s. Probably people share many of my needs for a “better me” so I feel I don’t need to list them.
I get to travel to New Orléans soon for work and I think it will be a great opportunity to do a little of that “be a better me” notion.
Happy Springtime and Spring Cleaning in however you choose to define it.